Connexient announced today the selection of the Connexient MediNav™ Navigator Edition 2.0 by Mission Hospital, based in Mission Viejo, CA. MediNav is an all-screens Digital Wayfinding solution – spanning Web, Kiosk, Digital Signage and Mobile – featuring true turn-by-turn indoor navigation for smartphones to enhance the Patient Experience, reduce missed or late appointments and increase operational efficiency.
Mission Hospital, part of St. Joseph’s Health, is a not-for-profit hospital with a 509-bed tertiary medical facility with campuses in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach. Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo will be the pilot location for a planned network wide deployment of MediNav™ and will later be rolled out at their Laguna Beach campus.
Powered by Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacons and sophisticated handset sensor fusion technology, MediNav™ Navigator v. 2.0 is the most advanced indoor navigation application available for hospitals with rich features that solve real world problems:
- True turn-by-turn indoor navigation with reliable indoor positioning accuracy of 1 to 2 meters, navigation cues, visual landmark references, off-route notification and more.
- Parking Planner and My Car Saver features that navigate users to the best parking location based on their appointment location inside the facility and saves and guides them back to their parking spot when they are finished.
- All Screens Solution – ensuring that patients and visitors can access vital information anytime and anywhere across Mobile, Web, Kiosks and Digital Signage.
- Outdoor + Indoor, Network-wide Wayfinding – guiding users across all the challenges of a campus or even network of facilities.
- Mobile Application SDKs and Web APIs – to enable integration of maps and navigation into existing mobile and Web applications.
“Mission Hospital’s selection of MediNav is an exciting and important milestone for Connexient,” commented Mark Green, Connexient CEO and Co-Founder. “We are delighted to have Mission Hospital as a flagship client on the West Coast. Their dedication to innovation and outstanding patient experience makes them a great partner. With our 100% focus on Digital Wayfinding for hospitals, Connexient continues to gain excellent traction with some of the leading health systems in the country.”