Withings Health Solutions unveiled Withings RPM, its most advanced Remote Patient Monitoring solution designed to place the patient experience back at the heart of telehealth and reduce friction points for care teams and patients. By placing patient engagement and satisfaction at the center of the solution, it is rebalancing current industry focus to better address both sides of the equation needed to ensure successful remote monitoring programs.
On the one side, for remote patient monitoring programs to be successful, health professionals must gain access to continuous, and accurate at-home data. This data needs to be collected, transmitted and analyzed in a frictionless manner while also tracking billable information. On the other side, for this data to even exist, patients need to be motivated to continually track and use at-home clinical devices in a consistent manner. To date, RPM solutions have typically concentrated on provider integration capabilities without optimizing the experience for patients that ultimately power the program.
The result of two years of development and consultations with hundreds of health providers, Withings RPM has been designed to take the complexities out of remote patient monitoring programs and make their deployment effortless for physicians and convenient as well as comfortable, simple, and enjoyable for patients. With elegantly designed, clinically validated devices, expanded capabilities to support sleep, temperature and glucose measurements, and intuitive dashboards that streamline every aspect of creating and administering RPM programs, Withings RPM has advanced benefits for both providers and patients.
Withings RPM allows providers to:
- Dramatically simplify the onboarding process – With a few simple clicks, patient devices can be ordered and sent to recipients in moments. Physicians can also design care plans and set goals for individual patients in seconds.
- Easily manage data from multiple patients with automated alerts and reminders covering both patient health data and program compliance indicators. These include alerts on device usage (both initial set up and ongoing use) as well as alerts when patient vitals require action.
- Improve patient engagement with the ability to send regular communications to patients via their preferred channel of communication (SMS, phone, and in-app video calls) that act as a reminder, provide additional advice, and encourage engagement.
- Optimize their billing process – Withings RPM automatically tracks activity against CPT reimbursement codes and produces monthly reports with the data required to bill insurers through Withings RPM or thanks to an improved EHR billing integration.
- Keep their clinical workflow unchanged with a solution that works with virtually any EHR solution, provides a single sign-in option, directly displays the captured data in the patient’s chart and allow to review alerts directly in the EHR system.
- Spend the majority of their time assessing clinical data without having to dedicate time educating patients on the use of devices or completing billing paperwork.
- Incorporate sleep tracking and glucose measurements into RPM programs as Withings RPM becomes compatible with the Withings Sleep Mat and preferred partner glucometer in addition to weight and blood pressure tracking.
Withings has more than 13 years of experience creating elegantly designed medical-grade devices that fit seamlessly into consumer lifestyles. Its portfolio of devices includes connected scales, hybrid watches, smart thermometers, blood pressure monitors, and sleep trackers that can capture up to 20 vital health parameters such as blood pressure, weight, heart rate, activity levels, and sleep patterns as well as provide an ECG for heart health. With features designed to encourage ongoing use, it boasts some of the best user retention rates on the market and is the number one smart scale manufacturer in the United States.
With many RPM solutions relying on clunky devices reminiscent of hospital equipment, the aesthetics, and convenience of connected devices are largely overlooked despite their importance in the success of programs. Withings RPM leverages the company’s decades of experience in engaging tens of millions of users to take continuous health measurements with compliance strategies built directly into the solution.
Withings RPM allows patients to:
- Receive beautiful cellular-enabled devices that require no set-up, are extremely easy to use and that autonomously transmit private, secure data.
- Gain access to a dedicated Withings Health app and to an AI-powered digital assistant, that guides them through all aspects of a program including device tutorials and guides, access to their health data and measurement plans, as well as educational content about their chronic disease.
- Improve compliance through automated alerts to encourage measurements and gamification messages and rewards for making progress.
- Improve outcomes through an increased frequency of data that allows healthcare professionals to provide better care.
- Conveniently manage their health conditions and relationships with extended health care team.
To deliver the Withings RPM solution, Antoine Robiliard, vice president of Withings Health Solutions has relocated from the company’s Paris headquarters to lead an expanded U.S. team.
“Since launching Withings MED·PRO CARE, our first remote patient monitoring solution, we have continued to assess the market to identify pain points and identify strategies to allow RPM to take off and to be finally distributed at scale,” commented Robiliard. “In our analysis, the missing ingredient uptill now is an attention to simplicity and a focus on the patient experience. Most efforts have focused on technical integration for providers, which while extremely important, is not enough for RPM to be successful. Launching a RPM program, onboarding patients, monitoring them and helping them master their health should be easy, for all stakeholders. Our user engagement strategies have successfully ensured billions of health measurements and millions of people to better manage their health. With our new RPM solutions we’re very excited to bring our expertise to the industry.”
For more information, visit: www.withings.com/for-professionals.