Hinge Health acquires wrnch, combining computer vision and motion sensors to deliver the most comprehensive and personalized digital physical therapy
Hinge Health, a Digital Musculoskeletal Clinic, has acquired wrnch, developer of the leading computer vision platform for measuring human motion. wrnch’s three-dimensional motion-tracking technology enables the same precise tracking of full-body movement used by elite athletes and the motion picture industry. Hinge Health now has the largest computer vision team in digital health.
This acquisition underlines the commitment of Hinge Health, the market leader in musculoskeletal (MSK) care, to pioneering better ways of delivering care. Movement-tracking technologies, such as computer vision and motion sensors, enable Hinge Health’s clinical care team to deliver the most responsive and personalized whole-body approach to MSK care, improving outcomes and member experience while reducing costs.
Combining motion sensors and computer vision further burnishes Hinge Health’s digital physical therapy solution as the most comprehensive on the market, uniquely enabling the following:
– Motion assessments to objectively measure a patient’s functional ability across strength, flexibility, balance, and endurance to inform care plan personalization
– Expanded exercise tracking as computer vision and motion sensors together enable the widest range and measurement of full-body exercises, including yoga and aerobics
– Enhanced clinical care programs that improve rehab of difficult-to-treat areas, such as the head, neck, and hands, by tracking 87 unique points on the body
Hinge Health continues to pioneer new standards in personalized MSK care by pairing a comprehensive clinical care team with the industry’s most advanced technology portfolio:
– Computer vision and motion sensors for exercise therapy and motion assessments
– Hinge Health Enso, a groundbreaking wearable technology for immediate noninvasive and nonaddictive pain relief
– HingeConnect for bridging the gap between in-person and digital MSK care and enabling real-time interventions by integrating health data with 750,000+ providers
“We built wrnch into the world’s leading artificial intelligence and computer vision R&D lab to understand human motion, shape, and intent,” said Dr. Paul A. Kruszewski, founder and CEO of wrnch. “I’m so excited to combine our artificial intelligence technology with Hinge Health’s Digital MSK Clinic to improve clinical outcomes for millions of members.”
Hinge Health cofounder and CEO Daniel Perez explained, “We won’t stop investing in technology to deliver the most patient-centered digital clinic that improves member experience and outcomes while reducing costs. wrnch allows us to take a giant leap forward in all respects.”