New DS8100-HC series scanners and TC51-HC mobile computer provide improved workflows for healthcare professionals and better patient experiences
Zebra Technologies Corporation, a global leader in providing solutions and services that give enterprises real-time visibility into their operations, announced two new purpose-built mobile handheld devices that will improve clinical mobility workflows and patient care. The DS8100-HC series scanners and the durable TC51-HC mobile computer can foster clinical collaboration for staffers and drive better operational efficiencies, while also supporting the five rights of medication administration to help increase patient safety.
- The DS8100-HC imager series, which comes in both corded (DS8108-HC) and cordless (DS8178-HC) versions, feature a purpose-built housing using special plastics to help prevent the spread of bacteria and allow for safe wipe-downs with a wide selection of disinfectants used in hospitals.
- The DS8100-HC series features user-selectable feedback modes to instantly notify healthcare workers that a barcode was properly captured without disturbing patients. In addition to standard LED, vibrate and beeper feedback, users can individually or in any combination easily adjust beeper volume, frequency and illumination intensity to improve the patient experience.
- Both the DS8100-HC series and the TC51-HC mobile computer can capture virtually any barcode in any condition and scan the most problematic barcodes found in pharmacies, labs, and at the point of care to help improve productivity and efficiency.
- Healthcare providers can rely on the TC51-HC mobile computer with Android™ to replace multiple devices needed to perform tasks such as calling/texting co-workers, receiving calls via PBX, accessing patient records, scanning barcodes and increasing medication administration accuracy. By consolidating these applications into one device, tasks may be executed with ease and proficiency.
- An ultra-high resolution rear-facing camera and a front-facing camera enable healthcare professionals using the TC51-HC to provide an intricate account of patient condition and offer remote consultation for quicker service.
- Zebra’s Workforce Connect™: PTT Express solution comes pre-installed and pre-licensed on the TC51-HC, providing clinicians with a push-to-talk (PTT) option right out of the box with any PTT Express-enabled Zebra mobile computer, providing better collaboration and communication between healthcare workers . An integrated healthcare dictionary also enables autofill and suggestions for quicker and more accurate data entry.
“Zebra provides visibility into all aspects of the healthcare facility enabling the critical intelligence necessary to make better decisions and improve outcomes. The launch of the DS8100-HC series scanner and the TC51-HC mobile computer demonstrates our continued investment in clinical mobility helping caregivers deliver the right care to the right patient at the right time,” said Randy Briley, Vice President, North America Healthcare Sales, Zebra Technologies.