NEW YORK (PRWEB) DECEMBER 07, 2017
StartUp Health, which is organizing, supporting and investing in a global army of Health Transformers to achieve 10 Health Moonshots, is honored to welcome back for the second year former Vice President of the United States, Joe Biden, who will keynote the annual StartUp Health Festival in San Francisco, CA, Jan. 8 – 9, 2018. Fresh off his American Promise tour and the release of his new book ‘Promise Me, Dad,’ Vice President Biden will discuss the progress the Biden Cancer Initiative is making to end cancer as we know it.
The StartUp Health Festival, now in its sixth year, is an invite-only, two-day experience alongside the annual JP Morgan Healthcare Conference. The Festival has become StartUp Health’s largest and most prestigious event of the year bringing together 2,000 of the most inspiring Health Transformers, entrepreneurs, innovators, and investors to focus on achieving Health Moonshots and solving the world’s biggest health challenges.
“By organizing an army of Health Transformers from all over the world, and supporting the entrepreneurs and innovators committed to achieving Health Moonshots, we believe we can make 100 years of progress in just 25 years,” said StartUp Health CEO and cofounder Steven Krein. “This acceleration can only come from entrepreneurial innovation and the Health Transformer Mindset.”
“Exponential leaps are possible when you bring together people who are dedicating their lives to transforming health and wellness,” said Unity Stoakes, President and cofounder of StartUp Health. “As one army for good, marching toward common goals, we have the potential to move beyond incremental progress and find ways to improve the wellbeing of everyone in the world. We won’t stop until our mission of improving global health is accomplished.”
Since 2011, StartUp Health has organized thousands of entrepreneurs, innovators and organizations committed to transforming health. With the world’s largest portfolio of digital health companies, StartUp Health and a global network of partners have made a long-term commitment to supporting and investing in seeing 10 Health Moonshots to fruition. Each Health Moonshot aims to improve at least one billion people’s lives. The 10 Health Moonshots essential to improving global health are:
1. Access to Care Moonshot: Delivering quality care to everyone, regardless of location or income
2. Cost to Zero Moonshot: Radically reducing the cost of care by a factor of a million
3. Cure Disease Moonshot: Curing disease using data, technologies, and personalized medicine
4. Cancer Moonshot: Ending cancer as we know it
5. Women’s Health Moonshot: Prioritizing women’s health, including preventive care and new research
6. Children’s Health Moonshot: Ensuring every child has access to quality care, particularly in underserved areas
7. Nutrition & Fitness Moonshot: Providing access to a healthy environment and supporting an active lifestyle
8. Brain Health Moonshot: Unlocking the mysteries of the brain to improve health and wellness
9. Mental Health & Happiness Moonshot: Connecting mind, body, and spirit in the pursuit of happiness
10. Longevity Moonshot: Adding 50 healthy years to every human life
StartUp Health expects more than 2,000 participants at this year’s Festival. Industry leaders and speakers in attendance include:
- Keynote Speaker Vice President Joe Biden, Former Vice President of the United States
- Sundeep Bhan, Co-Founder & CEO, Prognos
- Aneesh Chopra, President, CareJourney, and Former Chief Technology Officer, United States
- Chris Cutter, Founder & CEO, LifeDojo
- Esther Dyson, Executive Founder, Way to Wellville
- Jamey Edwards, Co-Founder & CEO, Cloudbreak Health
- Vinay Gidwaney, Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer, Maxwell Health
- Bruce Greenstein, CTO, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Ryan Howard, Partner, SeventySix Capital, and Former MLB Player
- Andre Iguodala, Investor and NBA Player, Golden State Warriors
- Asif Khan, Co-Founder & Chairman, Caremerge
- Bob Kocher, MD, Partner, Venrock
- Clifton Leaf, Editor-in-Chief, Fortune
- Philip Marshall, Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer, Conversa
- Jessica Mega, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer, Verily Life Sciences
- Reed Mollins, Co-Founder & SVP, Business Development, Doctor.com
- Sachin Nanavati, Client Partner, Facebook
- Ameet Nathwani, M.D., EVP, Chief Medical Officer, Sanofi
- Bryan Roberts, PhD, Partner, Venrock
- Jim Lecinski, VP of U.S. Sales, Google
- Jerry Levin, Executive Chairman, StartUp Health
- Dean Ornish, MD, President & Founder, Preventive Medicine Research Institute
- Andrey Ostrovsky, MD, Pediatrician, Children’s National Health System
- Sally Poblete, Founder & CEO, Wellthie
- Jo Schneier, Co-Founder & CEO, Cognotion
- Anish Sebastian, Co-Founder & CEO, Babyscripts
- Sue Siegel, Chief Innovation Officer, GE and CEO, GE Ventures
- J. Craig Venter, PhD, Co-Founder, Executive Chairman & CEO, Human Longevity, Inc.
StartUp Health’s Lead Innovation Partners include Accenture, Google and Sanofi
“Google has a shared vision with StartUp Health about the power of supporting Moonshot thinking which is why we are so honored to collaborate on the StartUp Health Festival,” said Jim Lecinski, VP of Sales, Google. “By bringing together so many entrepreneurs and innovators with the world’s health leaders, we can share new ideas and make connections that will speed up innovation.”
“We are aligned with StartUp Health’s global vision to improve health outcomes for everyone regardless of disease or geography,” said Ameet Nathwani, M.D., EVP, Chief Medical Officer, Sanofi. “Partnering with StartUp Health enables us to work alongside the world’s top Health Transformers to foster collaboration and innovation opportunities in life sciences. In particular, we’re eager work together in advancing digital health solutions designed to enhance outcomes.”
The Accenture HealthTech Innovation Challenge at the StartUp Health Festival
Accenture, a Lead Innovation Partner of the StartUp Health Festival, will be announcing the finalists of the Accenture HealthTech Innovation Challenge, followed by an awards ceremony at the Festival on Monday, January 8th. The Accenture HealthTech Innovation Challenge – which this year saw more than 800 applicants – brings together leading-edge startups with prominent health and life sciences companies to tackle some of the world’s greatest health challenges including access, affordability and transparency.
“After regional rounds in London, Singapore and Boston, we’re honored to bring 10 of the top emerging health innovation companies to present during the final round of the Accenture HealthTech Innovation Challenge at the StartUp Health Festival,” said Anne O’Riordan, senior managing director, Accenture Life Sciences. “We’re excited to continue our relationship with StartUp Health to give our clients the opportunity to access innovation and new solutions that could have immediate impact on their businesses and revolutionize how medical treatments are discovered, developed and delivered around the world.”
The StartUp Health Festival Networking Party with Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman and StartUp Health are also hosting the official Festival closing party to celebrate health innovation on Tuesday, January 9th, 6:00pm. RSVP here as space is limited.
People, Purpose, Love: Get Ready for StartUp Health Festival 2018
Click for Video
Global Partners Supporting StartUp Health’s Mission to Transform Health
The Festival is made possible with support from StartUp Health’s world-class partners and sponsors including Accenture, Google, Sanofi, Klick Health, Oliver Wyman, Allianz, Allied Physicians, Aurora Health Care, Bayer, BioQuest, Boston Scientific, California Health Care Foundation, Celgene, DaVita, DLA Piper, Genentech, Guidewell, Impact Pediatrics, Israel Economic Mission to the West Coast, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Nestlé Health Science, Ping An, SAP and Silicon Valley Bank.
To request an invite visit http://www.startuphealth.com/festival. If your organization would like to support the 2018 StartUp Health Festival email festival(at)startuphealth(dot)com. Entrepreneurs can apply to join StartUp Health’s Moonshot Academy at http://www.startuphealth.com.
About StartUp Health
In 2011, StartUp Health introduced a new model for transforming health by organizing, supporting and investing in a global army of entrepreneurs called Health Transformers to achieve 10 Health Moonshots with the long-term goal of improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. With the world’s largest digital health portfolio (nearly 200 companies spanning 5 continents, 18 countries and 60+ cities), StartUp Health’s long-term platform for entrepreneurs includes the StartUp Health Academy, StartUp Health Network, StartUp Health Media and StartUp Health Ventures. StartUp Health was founded by Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes and is chaired by former Time Warner CEO, Jerry Levin. StartUp Health’s notable strategic partners and investors include AARP, Aurora Health Care, Allianz, Bayer, California Health Care Foundation, Ping An, SAP, Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Genentech, GE Ventures, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and SeventySix Capital. Learn more at http://www.startuphealth.com.