SOP Documents Include Exchange Purposes, Individual Access Services Provider Privacy and Security Notice and Practices
The Sequoia Project, the ONC’s Recognized Coordinating Entity (RCE) to support the implementation of TEFCA, released additional standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the Qualified Health Information Network (QHIN) Fee Schedule.
The following documents provide additional information for organizations preparing to apply to become a QHIN or prepare for TEFCA participation. The released items include:
- Common Agreement QHIN Fee Schedule 1, Version 1;
- Exchange Purposes SOP; and
- Draft Individual Access Services (IAS) Provider Privacy and Security Notice and Practices SOP.
The Exchange Purposes SOP, identifies the exchange purposes that are currently authorized under the Common Agreement. This SOP also describes:
- The exchange purposes QHINs are required to support and which require a response to a request transmitted via QHIN-to-QHIN exchange; and
- The exchange purposes participants and sub-participants are required to support and which require a response to a request transmitted via QHIN-to-QHIN exchange.
The Sequoia Project is seeking feedback from the public on the draft IAS Provider Privacy and Security Notice and Practices SOP. This SOP details the requirements and standards for IAS providers to follow in implementing a privacy and security notice. This includes both requirements regarding the content of a privacy and security notice and the required corresponding practices of an IAS provider related to those notice requirements.
The RCE is seeking stakeholder input on the draft through July 21, 2022. The draft IAS Provider Privacy and Security Notice and Practices SOP and online submission forms for feedback are available now.
Applications will open 30 days after The Sequoia Project releases the revised QHIN application and QHIN Onboarding & Designation SOP, reflecting user feedback.