modmed 5.0 introduces specialty suite encompassing practice management, telehealth, clinical lab integrations and more
Specialty-specific health information technology company Modernizing Medicine, Inc. today revealed the latest edition of its software, modmed 5.0, a comprehensive specialty-specific suite developed to address the diverse and growing needs of medical practices. The update includes products and services to help transform the clinical, financial and operational aspects of specialty practices, plus product enhancements to EMA™, the company’s flagship electronic health record (EHR) system developed by practicing physicians.
Joining the suite and encompassing cloud-based, mobile EHR system EMA and Revenue Cycle Management services, the new generally available product offerings and enhancements include:
- Practice Management – designed to help improve practice workflows and boost patient payments, this modern, all-in-one system streamlines scheduling, document management, billing and reporting.
- modmed Telehealth™ – rather than trying to practice through text messages and emails, physicians can have a richer engagement with patients and get paid for their time through Modernizing Medicine’s telemedicine platform.
- Pathology – document and bill pathology reports seamlessly with this automated and intuitive pathology module, fully integrated within modmed Dermatology™; perfect for the practice with an in-house lab.
- Clinical lab integrations with Quest and Labcorp
- For Meaningful Use 2016, Objective 10: Specialized Registries
- Refreshed user experience and brand across the entire suite
“As a fully developed healthcare IT company that addresses the clinical, financial and operational needs of specialty practices, Modernizing Medicine is the vendor that practices should consider to address challenges of the evolving healthcare delivery system, including MIPS, MACRA, value-based healthcare and more,” stated Daniel Cane, CEO and co-founder of Modernizing Medicine. “Healthcare is a business, and having the right analytical tools in place to provide data to help improve the health of both practices and patients will be the key to sustain independent physician practices in the future.”
“In addition to a refreshed look for mobile and browser users, the home screen, patient overview, visit overview and virtual exam room updates are designed to enhance the user experience for physicians. Modernizing Medicine set out to save physicians time, and we continue to support their endeavors to spend less time completing arduous administrative tasks and more with patients,” said Michael Sherling, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer and co-founder of Modernizing Medicine. “Physicians feel burned out, but technology focused on the doctor’s experience and workflow from when they walk into the office to when they leave can not only improve their work/life balance, but also have them feeling confident that they’ll be reimbursed for the work they do.”
Modernizing Medicine will demonstrate the full modmed Dermatology suite at the upcoming American Academy of Dermatology Summer Meeting from July 29 – July 30 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston. Visit booth #319 to see the products and services – including modmed Pocket Practice™ for smartphones and advanced analytical capabilities – and learn about special offers.