Indoor Mapping and Navigation to Enhance Patient Experience, Reduce Late and Missed Appointments and Increase Operational Efficiency
Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) has selected and is kicking off network-wide deployment of Connexient’s MediNav™ solution for Digital Wayfinding and Indoor Navigation. WMCHealth is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. The MediNav system will provide rich indoor maps, true turn-by-turn indoor navigation and patient flow analytics to enhance the patient experience, reduce missed or late appointments and improve operational efficiency.
Powered by Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacons and sophisticated handset sensor fusion technology, MediNav™ Navigator v. 2.0 is the most advanced indoor navigation solution available for hospitals, with rich features that solve real world problems:
- True turn-by-turn indoor navigation with reliable indoor positioning accuracy of 1 to 2 meters, navigation cues, visual landmark references, off-route notification and more.
- Parking Planner and My Car Saver features that navigate users to the best parking location based on their appointment location inside the facility and saves their car’s parking location to return when they are finished.
- “All Screens” Solution – ensuring that patients and visitors can access vital information anytime and anywhere across Mobile, Web, Kiosks and Digital Signage.
- Outdoor + Indoor, Network-wide Wayfinding – guiding users across all the challenges of a campus and network of off-site facilities.
- Mobile Application SDKs and Web APIs – to enable integration of maps and navigation into existing mobile and Web applications.
“Navigating large, complex facilities and campuses can be a challenge for patients, caregivers and visitors, causing undue stress and frustration and leading to late or missed appointments. Starting with our network flagship, Westchester Medical Center, we see Indoor Navigation and All-screens digital wayfinding with MediNav™ as a solution that will greatly enhance the patient and visitor experience while bringing benefits across our network,” said Kara Bennorth, EVP for Communication, Engagement and Experience at WMCHealth.
“We are proud to announce WMCHealth as a new client” commented Joe Motta, Connexient’s President and Co-Founder. “This Enterprise-wide deployment represents a major milestone for Connexient, enabling us to address the challenges of wayfinding not just within a single medical center, but also getting patients, visitors – and staff and vendors – across the entire network with our end-to-end, indoor and outdoor maps and navigation. This will in turn increase the value of the solution to users and ROI to the Enterprise as a whole.”