Be the first to see how MEDITECH is driving market innovation through customer successes at HIMSS18 Booth #1360
Entering into 2018, MEDITECH proudly reflects on the success the company and its customers have had over the past year, the momentum our Web Enterprise Health Record (EHR) has brought to the industry, and the company’s passion to continue to push the boundaries of what an EHR experience should be.
The market is openly expressing exasperation with technology and clamors for a more contemporary solution. The industry continues to witness key factors driving EHR decisions — such as physician burnout, loss of provider productivity, and unsatisfactory patient experience. MEDITECH is committed to providing a better user experience while also delivering more sophisticated capabilities and unparalleled integration across the continuum, accompanied by a sustainable cost model.
The MEDITECH Web EHR is gaining momentum and represents a major pivot for the company and the industry as a whole. In 2017, 58 customers went LIVE with the MEDITECH Web EHR across diverse specialties. MEDITECH created the industry’s first post-Meaningful Use EHR — built for today’s market and customer — and its customers are leading the digital transformation of today and beyond.
A Strong Year of Sales and Go LIVEs
In 2017, MEDITECH signed 92 healthcare organizations to implement the state-of-the-art Web EHR — 47 of the healthcare organizations represent net new customers to the company. Some of our most notable signings were Steward Health Care System, Appalachian Regional Healthcare, Onslow Memorial Hospital and Southlake Regional Health Centre.
Other notable customer achievements in 2017 include:
- MEDITECH Customers Demonstrate Excellence with Clinical and Quality Awards. Eight MEDITECH customers earned a double 5-star rating from both the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) and the Overall Hospital Quality Star rating. Additionally, 74 MEDITECH customers were named to Hospitals and Health Networks’ (H&HN) annual Most Wired list.
- Maryland Hospitals Reach HIMSS Stage 7 with MEDITECH. Frederick Memorial Hospital and Union Hospital of Cecil County were the first MEDITECH customers in Maryland to reach Stage 7 on the HIMSS Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model (EMRAM), a testament to the successful optimization of MEDITECH’s EHR to maximize clinical workflow and improve patient outcomes.
- Colquitt Regional Medical Center Recognizing Benefits of Integrated Web EHR. Clinicians and leadership at Colquitt Regional Medical Center are realizing care efficiencies and streamlined processes with MEDITECH, and have announced their decision to complete the full suite of the Web EHR by implementing Web Ambulatory in 2018.
- Physicians and Patients Impressed with Web EHR at Firelands. Physicians at Firelands Regional Medical Center in Ohio cited how mobility, intuitiveness, and flexibility of the MEDITECH Web EHR has significantly improved care quality and patient engagement.
MEDITECH has a long history of shaping healthcare around the globe. Here are some recent examples of the company’s strong international footprint:
- Humber River Hospital Signs for Web EHR. In addition to moving to the Web EHR, the Canadian customer is harnessing the real-time data within the MEDITECH EHR to power its Command Centre — the first of its kind in Canada and only the second such facility in the world.
- Recognition in Best of Canada Report. MEDITECH was recognized as a healthcare innovator in the Best of Canada: The 150th Anniversary Report. The report — which focuses on companies breaking new ground in healthcare by way of research, medical devices, or software tools — spotlighted MEDITECH for its web-based EHR.
- Partnerships in Canada Accelerate Adoption of MEDITECH’s Web EHR. The SHINE and CHAMP initiatives were formed to integrate their Health Information Systems (HIS) and accelerate the adoption of MEDITECH’s Web EHR.
- MEDITECH Delivers Real Results to Southern Africa Healthcare. Hospitals and clinics across the entire country of Botswana are leveraging MEDITECH’s EHR to maintain longitudinal health records for citizens and improve care processes in the fight against HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis.
- Global Digital Exemplar Customers Leading UK’s Healthcare Revolution. The NHS named MEDITECH customers City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust and Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust as Global Digital Exemplars for delivering exceptional and efficient care through the world-class use of digital technology, both within and beyond their organization boundary.
Driving Marketing Innovation
MEDITECH continues to pave a bold path with leading-edge innovations. Here are some exciting initiatives the company unveiled this past year:
- MEDITECH as a Service (MaaS). This private, cloud-based EHR solution, obtained through a monthly subscription, allows healthcare organizations to quickly procure a cost-effective, modern EHR system with simplified contracting.
- CommonWell Health Alliance. MEDITECH announced the company will offer CommonWell interoperability services in early 2018. By leveraging its work with the Argonaut Project, MEDITECH will be among the first members in the Alliance to deploy the Argonaut Project’s FHIR specifications to customers.
- MHealth. MEDITECH’s mobile app provides patients direct, streamlined access to their portal, available in the Apple Store and Google Play.
“Thank you to our customers who inspire us everyday to be the best at what we do; our staff for delivering the legendary customer experience we are known for; our critics for keeping us honest; and our partners for having our backs,” said MEDITECH Executive Vice President, Helen Waters. “Also, thank you to our physicians, nurses, and pharmacists who, with MEDITECH, are driving a transformational user experience to serve the new healthcare paradigm.”
Heading to HIMSS18 in Las Vegas March 5-9, 2018? Visit MEDITECH at booth #1360 to hear more about MEDITECH’s impactful innovations.