The Healthcare Executive Group released their annual TOP 1o List during the 2015 HCEG Annual Conference. Consumer experience, payment reform and population health were identified as the leading trends.
“The Top 10 has been a pillar of HCEG for over 10 years, providing extensive insight into the industry, based on HCEG member input and sponsor research,” said Healthcare Executive Group Chairman, and Senior Director, Health IT & Analytics at Mosaic Health Solutions Tom Carleton. “Through the development of the Top 10, HCEG encourages continuous and evolving dialog on the main issues and concerns facing member organizations.”
Here is the complete list >>
- The Consumer Experience: omnichannel business, mHealth, HIX, social media and telehealth
- Payment reform: ACOs, P4P, value-based care and value-based reimbursement
- Population health: managing total health, including social and environmental determinants
- Provider/Plan integration: combining functions of care deliver and financing in a single operation
- Transparency: triple aim, price, quality and service measures to support customer decisions
- Retail health care: established consumer companies disrupt traditional care providers
- Pharmacy: cost, compliance, convenience and specialty health
- Big data and advanced analytics: identifying patterns, opportunities in vastly detailed data sets
- Cybersecurity: protecting the privacy and security of customer information
- Genomics: customizing prevention and treatment to individual DNA
HCEG, a national network of select healthcare executives and thought leaders who navigate the tactical and strategic issues facing organizations today, was founded in 1988, and remains one of the best kept secrets in the industry.