Award-Winning, HIPAA Compliant Family App Streamlines Communication Between Families and Healthcare Providers
Caremerge, a revolutionary communication and care coordination network for the senior care industry, announced today the launch of their newly redesigned Family Engagement App in Senior Living communities across the US. The easy-to- use, award-winning Family Engagement App is a one-stop shop for families of loved ones who reside in senior living communities allowing them unprecedented access to real-time information regarding the day-to-day activities of their loved ones on a secure, HIPAA-compliant platform via their mobile devices or computers. The redesign gives this award-winning app a brand new look and streamlines the app, making it easier to use than ever before.
The Caremerge Family Engagement App is the first HIPAA-compliant platform in the senior living industry that provides real-time communication between families, staff and authorized healthcare providers and includes the following new features:
- A new member screen that easily allows family members to quickly request access to their loved one’s community
- An activity feed that loads a loved one’s activities in chronological order making it easier for a family member to see what they are doing in real-time along with a Dimension of Wellness icon associated with an activity so a family member or healthcare provider can easily assess a resident’s well-being
- Push notifications sent to authorized family members when an event is attended by a loved one
- A resident’s authorized care locations have been added to the app along with a map so a family member can call a loved one’s preferred pharmacy, doctors, salon, etc. directly from the app and can view its proximity to their loved one’s senior living community
- Fully HIPAA-compliant messaging between family to family, family to staff, staff to staff and staff to family with a new message thread design
- A new community calendar view that features a dimensions of wellness icon, event time, event title, service level, attendance and more
- An anonymous survey that allows family members to provide feedback about the community, staff and services that will be used to make a positive impact on the care of a loved one
In addition, the real-time capture from the newly designed Family Engagement app allows Senior Living Communities the ability streamline communication while increasing referrals, decreasing litigation risk and most importantly provide comfort to families by keeping all stakeholders on the same secure page.
With a recent Aegon Retirement study reporting that 64% of families report they only hear from their loved one’s community when it’s bad news, Caremerge’s newly redesigned Family Engagement app will continue to revolutionize the senior living industry as it offers resident’s family members constant real-time communication, providing peace of mind and the alleviation of guilt that can sometimes be associated with having a loved one reside at a senior living community, particularly within Assisted Living and Memory Care.
“We are excited to announce the redesign of our Family App,” said Asif Khan, CEO, Caremerge. “We worked hard to make it even easier for families and healthcare providers to share real-time, safe and secure information regarding the care of a loved one, which is an important step to providing a cohesive and collaborative higher quality of care for residents in senior living. The Family App provides a platform to share joyful moments and connect families worldwide so no one ever worries or feels disconnected.”