OmniJoin’s Interoperable Video Conferencing Solution Easily Connects With Room-Based Systems, Virtually Transporting Remote Users Into the Boardroom
OmniJoin™, the web conferencing division of Brother International Corporation, announced the release of OmniJoin v7 Interoperability, enabling users to maximize an existing telepresence system investment by delivering richer collaboration for both on-site and remote users. This new offering supports a seamless, multi-point video conferencing experience by providing connectivity between OmniJoin’s web meeting service and traditional boardroom video conferencing systems.
“We pride ourselves in offering companies the ability to promote full collaboration between disparate teams, knowing today’s workforce extends beyond the boardroom into remote locations and via varying devices,” said Bill Henderson, Brother OmniJoin vice president of marketing. “The introduction of OmniJoin Interoperability is a continuation of this commitment to our customers, whom we can now support from all web and video conferencing endpoints, whether that be via a mobile phone, desktop, laptop or telepresence system.”
OmniJoin’s interoperable feature allows customers to enhance their in-room video conferencing systems, through:
- Collaboration – Promotes collaboration by enabling robust document, live desktop, application and whiteboard sharing — features that are challenging to activate or not supported through traditional, room-based conference systems
- Compatibility – Supports global standards for room-based systems compatibility and connects with most major telepresence systems, such as Cisco®, Polycom® and Lifesize®
- Security – Adheres to OmniJoin’s traditional security features and communications protocols, including encrypted connections
- Productivity – Offers a unified conference experience for all attendees by providing access to an attendee list, address book and call history, and the OmniJoin meeting host can manage the online meeting room as well as place and receive calls
- Performance – Facilitates HD 1080p resolution for multiple room systems per OmniJoin conference instance
OmniJoin Interoperability is an optional add on, available to any OmniJoin customer, v7.0 and later.
For more information about OmniJoin Interoperability for telepresence systems, please visit http://www.brothercloud.com/omnijoin/features/interoperability.aspx.
Other Web Services from Brother
For decades, small office / home office, small and medium sized businesses, and corporate workgroup customers have depended on Brother for high-quality, value-packed business machines. By launching the Brother Online suite of smart, web-based business services, Brother has now expanded beyond simply offering great hardware products. OmniJoin™ web conferencing was the first such major service offering, the Brother Online suite has now added a variety of scanning and workflow solutions, which complement and expand the value of Brother™ scanners, printers, and Multi-Function Center® devices. For more information on Brother Online services, visit www.brothercloud.com